Kitchen Remodeling Dos and Donts
Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Consider these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with adequate storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to submit when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus solely on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Make sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unpredictable costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to consider windows! Pella Windows & Doors - Vancouver has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows & Doors - Vancouver a call at 250-475-1277, visit our Vancouver showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.