Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Winter weather is just around the corner in Vancouver and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows & Doors - Vancouver is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Vancouver winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can sneak in and affect your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Windows & Doors - Vancouver experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and improve the performance of your doors and windows.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Vancouver.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows & Doors - Vancouver in Vancouver a call at 250-475-1277 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.